HELP! Have software but no dongle to make it work!

Discussion in 'Ethical hacking' started by peaches, Apr 4, 2010.

1. peaches

peaches New Member

Hi

I have inherited a Bernina sewing machine that also does embroidery. It has a software package that allows you to make your own designs. This software has an old type security dongle that is put into the printer port to allow you to access it. Unfortunately the computer that it was attached to before i inherited everything has been scrapped and the dongle wasn't removed, so has now gone for good. I've approached Bernina who basically told me where to go! and tried all over to get a replacement dongle but they are rarer than rocking horse poop!.

The best Bernina and the Sewing Machine Dealers can come up with is to purchase a new sewing machine and software at a cost of over £3,000! Which when you have aproximately 30p is impossible!

Can anyone help me with this please, the software package I have is called Bernina Artista Customizer/Designer Version2 I'm certain there must be a way of using the software without the dongle or a way to make a new one.

There is a sentimental aspect to this as well the machine was my Mother's who has now passed away and I'd love to be able to use it.

Please help, and if you can please keep it very simple as I've no real "technical" understanding of how software works but can follow basic well laid out instructions

Many thanks

Peaches.xx