Google vs Facebook

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by infoway USA, Aug 23, 2010.

1. infoway USA

infoway USA New Member

Webmaster
    Home Page:
    http://www.infoway.us/
    As we all know both are the giants in realm of the web but in two different way. Google is the biggest SE while FB is the biggest Social Networking sites. There are more than 500 million user in FB. And more that 5 billion min. time is spent on FB per months. Simultaneously people is leaning towards facebook ads. The question is that will facebook ads beat Google adwords? Will Google let FB dominate like this? The rumor is that Google is coming up with new Social networking site 'Google me'. Share your thought on this.

2. johnny.dacu

johnny.dacu New Member

I've heard to rumor too... but i doubt Google can "beat" Facebook because now the last one has become very popular. If i remember right same thing was happend with youTube. They became more popular. First google tried to build an other application, just like youtube but they abandoned this project and bought youtube insted. Now is a little difficult to do this because Facebook worth about 50 billion dollars... a big number even for Google.

3. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Google has tried too many things on Social Networking but none of them could even touch FaceBook or Twitter. Take the example of Orkut, Wave, Buzz or even Me now.

4. infoway USA

infoway USA New Member

Webmaster
    Home Page:
    http://www.infoway.us/
    Then facebook will remain the king of social media? What do you think why a Company like Google failed to touch the half of success of facebook? What about the tug-of-war between Google adwords and facebook sponsored? As there are more than half a bilion user in facebook and increasing at a rapid speed don't you think facebook can easily start their own Search Engine as a challenge to Google?

5. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

I don't think facebook is thinking of that as of now and once they are done with SM like Google in SE they may do so.

6. unik

unik New Member

google adwrods and facebook sponsored have their cons and pros, you just have to know how to utilize them for your benefit

7. businessman1927

businessman1927 New Member

I think these two has not much same category so i think we cant differentiate.Both are very good.

8. Seo_Aryan

Seo_Aryan Banned

I think Google is first position and Face book second position,but Both are very Good.

9. raanbhoys

raanbhoys New Member

Home Page:
    http://www.currimbhoysonline.in
    hi,

Facebook is the best choice for promotions..!!! meet again.

10. agripas90

agripas90 New Member

Home Page:
    http://www.cutequotes4u.info/
    facebook and google are 2 different things. so its all about what people will like to do on the net: talk to their friends or search for websites.

my personal preference is that google will live longer :)

11. wilsontom

wilsontom Banned

offline marketer
    Home Page:
    http://www.keralahoneymoonpackage.com/
    google is best search engine and in social networking site fb is best, and both are entirely different.

12. Click SSL

Click SSL Member

Yeah Google and Facebook both are very good sites in their different categories. Google best in search engine and FB is best in social networking. But as per my opinion Google will always beat FB. Because visitors comes here to search they wants while Facebook is social networking site. Plenty of users of Facebook comes only for socail networking. So as per my opinion Google adwords is best.

13. rahhul

rahhul New Member

Google is Best SE..that is Google's Advantage...People will be bore with the Networking Sites..but they Requires SE forever..SO..Google Will Stay Longer.....

14. Ana_Campos

Ana_Campos New Member

I believe the same. Although Fb will be on the market for a long time now i see Google lasting even longer. The question is HOW MUCH ?

15. stacey

stacey New Member

Professional
    Home Page:
    http://www.zco.com/
    Google Adwords is the best one to drive the traffic for the website than Facebook Ads. A lot of data can be track in Google Adwords.