Google PR 0 ? What's the reason ?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by jiten702, Jul 2, 2010.

1. jiten702

jiten702 New Member

Home Page:
    http://www.njfundz.com
    Hi all...

I have developed a new page for my site 3 months ago with all optimization done, indexed by all search engines and in google toolbar, initially it was showing "Current page is not ranked by google" message.......Suddenly, yesterday evening, it showed page rank 0 message.....what is the reason for the same....Does google penalized my page or what? The page for which google has given PR 0 is

Financial planning services in India

Need suggestions for the same.....

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

First you have to understand lot of things in SEO.

PR is constantly updated and is not function of how well you have done your on page factors.
    Toolbar PR which you see is of no value and may not be the actual representation of the actual PR. Yes it may be close the actual PR when Google updates it. Google also updates it every few months now.

If you page is only 3 months old it means you have hardly any links pointing to your page and so you do not have any PR.

I will suggest you read the SEO FAQ page at the top of SEO forum for better understanding of SEO and SEO related issues.

3. stacey

stacey New Member

Professional
    Home Page:
    http://www.zco.com/
    PR0 is the starting rank. Build higher free quality backlinks with dofollow will help to increase your PR.

4. Click SSL

Click SSL Member

I am agree with you stacey. High PR backlinks from relevant website can helps a lot to increase PageRank faster. It should be tough work to get high PR do-follow links for website but it is the only way with we can do to increase PR as SEO.

5. ozsubasi

ozsubasi New Member

Real Estate
    Home Page:
    http://www.turkeypropertyaltinkum.co.uk
    What was being asked about was why a new page was initially PR n/a and then became PR0,
    and this isn't connected to backlinks or traffic.
    A new page will be PR n/a simply because Google has not assessed it yet for PR. In this case, when Google did assess it, it was given PR0. It isn't a downward move or any kind of move, it is just going from "we don't know yet" to "we currently rank it 0".

6. jhonden

jhonden New Member

Ranking starts with zero this is the initial ranking and it keeps on updating according to the links built.

7. Apoorva

Apoorva New Member

I agreed with Shabbir. There are lots of things to learn in SEO.
    If you felt like cheated, that you have put efforts and didn't get result, high PR then I must tell you, SEO is a long term but result-oriented process.
    There are several factors on which the Page Rank of a website depends. You have to analyze the trends, algorithms and changes to get desired results. Try to gain more knowledge and put your efforts in the right direction. You will surely get the results.

8. ozsubasi

ozsubasi New Member

Real Estate
    Home Page:
    http://www.turkeypropertyaltinkum.co.uk
    We know that PR is mainly a measure of the backlinks to a site, and that it is just one of many
    factors involved in SERP. I don't think a great deal of analysis is required for anyone who wants to
    improve it, just get more good links.
    But as a matter of interest, 20 months on and the page is still PR0. Although the home page has
    PR2 there is no internal linking to spread it around. The OP requested a review of the site 5 months after this posting and shabbir basically told him what a disaster it was:
    http://www.go4expert.com/showthread.php?p=76688#post76688
    A quick glance at the site today shows that the advice given was not taken.