Google Owns the Patent of Its Home Page

Go4Expert Member
Hi folks,

I ready on one of the SEO blogs that fter five years, Google has finally owned the patent to the design of its home page. So anyone who tries to copy its design will face patent infringement from Google.

The patent refers to whole Google Home Page as a graphical user interface. This GUI includes the search box in the middle of any communications terminal with two buttons below. It also includes several links below the two buttons.

So, basically anybody who designs their search engines in such layout will be subjected to copyright infringement.
naimish like this
Banned
Ohh...Thanks for the info buddy. Much useful.

I hope it's limited to Google's Home Page only
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
Bing Beware. and probably ask also can have problems
Banned
Yeah..but as per another news, McCURRY won against McDonald's Claim that it can't use Mc as prfix
xpi0t0s's Avatar, Join Date: Aug 2004
Mentor
What's the patent number? "I read on a blog" isn't much of a source.

Also you seem to be confusing patents with copyrights. Patent infringement doesn't open you up to a copyright lawsuit. Google always had copyright on their site design; any creator of any work automatically gets copyright to their own work and it's not necessary to get a patent to get copyright protection.
SaswatPadhi's Avatar, Join Date: May 2009
~ Б0ЯИ Τ0 С0δЭ ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpi0t0s View Post
What's the patent number?
It's "United States Patent No. D599,372".

Source :: http://inventlaw.com/2009/09/04/goog...ce-us-d599372/

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpi0t0s View Post
Also you seem to be confusing patents with copyrights. Patent infringement doesn't open you up to a copyright lawsuit.
Yeah, I agree.
He seemed to be confusing patents with copyrights.
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
Google announced a noticeable change to the size of the search text field on the Google home page: it’s bigger. It also features a larger font size as you type in the field, with correspondingly larger text for Google Suggest results below.

See the home page timeline of Google over time - http://www.google.com/corporate/time...inal-prototype
naimish like this