Giving alert on top of webpage or something like a pop up message with a text link

Discussion in 'Web Design, HTML And CSS' started by newphpcoder, Oct 28, 2010.

1. newphpcoder

newphpcoder New Member

Web Programmer
    Good day!
    Since the client user has no totally installed flash player in their computer, so that No need to detect if they have installed flash player. I try to create an alert and I found out that it’s impossible to put a link in the alert. Now I remove the flash installer in my computer, so that the flash in my webpage become a box. I want to happen when they open my webpage that contains a flash; an alert or message on the top was appearing saying that “You do not have flash installed in your computer. Follow this link to get the installer”. I try it using alert but the link is impossible to appear. I have no idea how I can do this.
    Thank you

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Re: Giving alert on top of webpage or something like a pop up message with a text lin

Make a layered Div and tell user in that div.

3. newphpcoder

newphpcoder New Member

Web Programmer
    Re: Giving alert on top of webpage or something like a pop up message with a text lin

I resolved my problems with the help of this code:
    Code:
    <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="file.swf"> 
    <param name="movie" value="test.swf"> 
    <param name="quality" value="high"> 
    <param name="menu"> 
        FLASH is not installed, <a href="downloads/flashinstall.exe">press here to install</a>
    </object>

4. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

But this means it will be downloaded from your site and not from the Adobe site and at times user's may not be ready installing things from your domain.