xpi0t0s's Avatar, Join Date: Aug 2004
Mentor
So why don't you just ask? If she knows you're smart and ahead of the rest of the class, and that you're not going to start asking questions about slideshow x+n during the class on slideshow x, she may well let you have the lot straight away.
wizehawk's Avatar, Join Date: Feb 2009
Go4Expert Member
the flashing light is not a big issue because:
a. as soon as the teacher plugs in the flash drive into the computer, they are usually copying the powerpoints to the desktop
b. most of the teachers are very computer illiterate, hell they will even ask for my help in class if something goes wrong.

i have found some automatic usb copy/sync programs online, but the only thing now is to hide traces of the program completely
a. remove the program from the add/remove program list
b. change the name of the process that it runs under
c. manipulate its registry entries to make it hidden
Mentor
So for the third time (at least), why don't you just ask? The answer could well be yes, in which case you don't have to do it secretly.
Go4Expert Member
because in the end, i am trying to get soft-copies of quizes that we have taken in the past (ill honestly say for better self assesment) or if im lucky have softcopies of future-quizes that they have written, but havent administered yet
Mentor
And is there any reason you think the teacher might say no?
Go4Expert Member
because they frequently repeat questions from quizes on final exams, people write down the quizes, or use voice recorders to record the quiz, i was just looking for an easier digital way to go about it

and even though they have already written the quiz for tomorrow, it has been given yet, so i were to get a copy of tomorrows quiz, i could go home and look up in the book the correct answers and id be competely prepared for tomorrows quiz
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
Quote:
Originally Posted by wizehawk View Post
and even though they have already written the quiz for tomorrow, it has been given yet, so i were to get a copy of tomorrows quiz, i could go home and look up in the book the correct answers and id be competely prepared for tomorrows quiz
This is where the un gets added. Thread closed.