Getting a polynomial Expression in VB6

Discussion in 'Visual Basic ( VB )' started by compgeek, Nov 30, 2006.

1. compgeek

compgeek New Member

Hi everyone

I want to know the method to get a polynomial expression in vb so that i can write program for "Numerical methods of finding interpolating Polynomial,Differentiation & Integration"

THE ACTUAL FORM OF THE INTERPOLATING POLYNOMIAL TO BE CALCULATED IS AS FOLLOWS

(x-x1)(x-x2)(x-x3)(x-x4)
    ----------------------------- +
    (x0-x1)(x0-x2)(x0-x3)(x0-x4)

(x-x0)(x-x2)(x-x3)(x-x4)
    ----------------------------- + ...........
    (x1-x0)(x1-x2)(x1-x3)(x1-x4)

THE SUM CONTINUES BY LEAVING x2, x3, x4 AND INCLUDING REMAINING POINTS IN SERIES IN THE NUMERATOR AND USING THE LEFT POITS IN DENOMINATOR...=> IN EVERY PART THERE WILL BE 4 TERMS IN THE NUMERATOR AND DENOMINATOR

The final polynomial expression after simplyfying the above will be in the form of
    a4x^4 + a3x^3 +a2x^2 + a1x + a0 whose degree is 4
    the polynomial expression to be calculatd can be of any degree based on the datapoints given.

Can any one expalin me in detail the method to get the above mentioned polynomial
    based on the values of x0,x1,x2,x3,,x4 ......... ???

IS THERE ANY WAY TO GET THE FORM OF THE EQUATION IN CONVENTIONAL WAY WITH ALL THE SUBSCRIPTS ,SUPERSCRIPTS,.....ETC BY CONNECITNG IT TO THE TOOL EQUATION EDITOR IN MICROSOFT WORD

waiting for a nice reply

BYEEEE

Last edited: Nov 30, 2006