mayjune's Avatar, Join Date: Jun 2009
Invasive contributor
Add direct shortcut to each section,
lets say i visit ethical hacking Q&D and ethical hacking Articles forum a lot, to access it i directly press the keyboard shortcut
Suggested ways to Implement it :-
Either you built in all the forums as a direct keyboard shortcut, by numbering them and let that number be displayed next to them in the menu, so we see it each time and memorize it,
OR
You let us decide the shortcuts for my frequent visited ones with an option button where you have a drop down bar like
drop down = which section + ctrl + alt + shift + drop down = numbers (upto 99)

Lets say i have ethical hacking Q&D = 11 then,
ctrl + alt + shift + 11 = open ethical hacking Q&D in same tab
ctrl + alt + shift + T + 11 = open ethical hacking Q&D in new tab
why T? cause its at the center and ctrl+ t is shortcut to open new tab so its easy to memorize it..

Try if you can think of a better way to implement Tabbed, as it will get difficult to press so many buttons... specially something like ctrl + shift + alt + t + 10 (try pressing )

Also i think you should remove that info tag "Go4E Main Menu" when cursor is idle on menu, as a lot of times its overlapping the submenu and anyway we know its the main menu so it has no meaning... (you decide)
i think thats it with all these features it will be pretty much the whole G4EF on our toolbar and on our keyboard...

oops i added it here please move it to bugs forum

Last edited by mayjune; 11Jul2009 at 12:53.. Reason: request to move it to bugs forum
SaswatPadhi's Avatar, Join Date: May 2009
~ Б0ЯИ Τ0 С0δЭ ~
Moved.

I remember when I used to play Mortal Kombat 4 (very old game), I had to remember key sequences as long as the ones you mentioned
It's a pain.

I'll see if I can add some "Mouse-Action"
~ Б0ЯИ Τ0 С0δЭ ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjune View Post
Also i think you should remove that info tag "Go4E Main Menu" when cursor is idle on menu, as a lot of times its overlapping the submenu and anyway we know its the main menu so it has no meaning... (you decide)
That was a mistake.
I'll correct that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjune View Post
i think thats it with all these features it will be pretty much the whole G4EF on our toolbar and on our keyboard...
Yeah

Thanx for your suggestions on improving the toolbar.
Invasive contributor
oh yeah, man so many moves and that too each one has a different action, i use to stick to one player and remember his move, i forgot his name though...
ok lets see your mouse action but don't forget new tab and same tab, as thats important and try to keep it simple...
~ Б0ЯИ Τ0 С0δЭ ~
Huh .. I have been trying to get the requested features implemented, but I can't

There are so many issues :
(1) FF does not support keyboard events on menus. (So, CTRL+ENTER on menu, can't be done )
I can try to write some JS to achieve that, but .. I haven't been able to, yet.
(2) Multiple key-sequences (like CTRL+SHIFT+A+B) are not supported in FF. Again, JS can be used to define macros, but that would take some time.

So Ver.1.5 might be late. ( very late, actually )

But, I might upload Ver.1.45 with some issues fixed like :
(1) The annoying info tag is gone.
(2) The search box can now be accessed with keyboard.
Invasive contributor
hmmm....what about the mouse driven actions you said you might implement?

take your time bro...its ok..
Invasive contributor
hey saswat i have an idea,
what about instead of combinational keys i.e. ctrl + shift + alt + g etc etc
can we have shorcuts for forums as a sequence like
ctrl then i press shift then i press alt then i press 09

(got this idea from gmail, if you are checking any email, press g and then i = takes you back to inbox, g and i not to be pressed simultaneoulsy but in a sequence, thus even if sequence is a little longer its ok as a long as i don't have to press them simultaneously)

This way new tab and same tab problem is also solved!!
ctrl -> shift -> alt -> 09 = same tab some forum
ctrl -> shift -> alt -> t-> 09 = new tab some forum

How is the idea?

ps - for gmail your keyboard shortcut option should be enabled in settings

Last edited by mayjune; 15Jul2009 at 03:14.. Reason: spelling
~ Б0ЯИ Τ0 С0δЭ ~
Cool idea.
Thanx

I'll try my best to implement something soon.
~ Б0ЯИ Τ0 С0δЭ ~
OMG !! Finally .. I made it
I can now assign key sequences like C, then + then + to goto the C++ Q&D sub-forum.

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !!!!

Version 1.5 coming soon
~ Б0ЯИ Τ0 С0δЭ ~
mayjune bro, can you suggest me some systematic scheme for assigning key sequences ..
.. like may be G 1 takes you to Go4Expert home-page
.. and G 2 1 1 1 --\
G # 2 # 1 # 1 # 1 takes you to :
##x|##|#xx|##\-C/C++
##x|##\#xx+- Programming
##x|##x-Articles/Source Codes
Forum URLs