Formatting is not supportable

Discussion in 'PHP' started by OceansTech, Oct 10, 2014.

1. OceansTech

OceansTech New Member

Hey....
    I have one issue. Whenever i copy some content from MS Word or MS Excel and paste that content to PHP, then after that it would not be formatted(i.e.Bold or Itallic or Font change or font size change,etc.). So please someone help me out from this problem.
    Thanks....!!!

OceansTech

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

How you are pasting content in PHP, in a PHP editor or somewhere else?

3. David Ledger

David Ledger New Member

It isn't obvious whether it pastes as formatted and you want it plain or it pastes as plain and you want it formatted.

Within a PHP program text formatting has no good meaning, but the (possibly invisible) codes used to specify formatting can break the PHP interpreter's reading of the program text.

To remove those pesky codes and leave just the meaningful text first paste into a pure plain text editor then copy that pure plain text and paste into your PHP editor. Use the free TextWrangler on the Mac or Notepad on Windows.

If you're hoping to paste formatted text into a literal PHP text string so that the formatting appears in the browser, that's not how it works. Literal text has to be plain text. Styling and formatting is done using HTML/CSS that is applied in the browser.

David