jhon786's Avatar, Join Date: Oct 2011
Go4Expert Member
Well No-follow links don't give us the back link but still they are useful as they give us traffic and the combination of do-follow and no-follow link shows the genuine link building so don't get too much confused with no-follow links do your genuine seo.
Go4Expert Member
If you are building backlinks to improve your PR, then forget about no-follow links. Although no-follow links are very helpful to drive targeted traffic. And if I believe on the reply given by wegenbelasting, then at the present situation my website's PR should be different than current
adoncia's Avatar, Join Date: Jan 2012
Go4Expert Member
Can't give you the backlink.
stiveseo's Avatar, Join Date: Oct 2010
Newbie Member
Seo is only not for getting backlinks, somewhere we get good backlinks but no visitors and someway we get visitors and no backlinks. NO follow backlink is also good to drive visitors to our site.
ozsubasi's Avatar, Join Date: Jan 2012
Invasive contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by wegenbelasting View Post
I'm totally surprised by all the bad advice given in this thread. How could you ever think it doesn't help in the rankings lol. Google wants a natural backlinkprofile. Imagine you have 100 backlinks from huge authority site and they are all No-Follow, you seriously think you won't rank cause of that??? Time to dive into the study books again folks cause you got a lot to learn about SEO. It's good that this forum is about programming mainly and not about seo cause you would have received a lot more critical comments.
A natural backlink profile would include both nofollow and dofollow, it isn't a case of having one or the other. About 50% of my links are nofollow, including the majority of the high authority ones, and my SERP (and PR for what its worth) are good. I hope others in my niche follow the advice given by many here that nofollow links are worthless, and leave them for me
Google says that they don't follow them, but the fact remains that they are aware of them because Google Webmaster Tools lists them along with the dofollows. So they find them, record them and then take no notice of them?? Believe as you choose.