Flow of PR to Sub Pages

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization (SEO)' started by seopeter, Sep 29, 2009.

1. seopeter

seopeter New Member

Some internal pages sometimes get PR0 as compared to home page of 4. It may happen due to the internal linking issue as well as the contents are not good quality.....

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Content does not determine the Page rank nor the internlinking structure. Links to the internal page define the pagerank of that page

3. mickeyy

mickeyy New Member

Business
    Home Page:
    https://www.astaguru.com/
    Shabbir is correct. PR passes from a page to ALL followed outbound links regardless of whether they are links to internal pages on the same site or links to external pages on other sites.. content has nothing to do with it

4. LynxSI

LynxSI New Member

Software Developer
    Home Page:
    http://www.lynxsi.ca/
    This is interesting. So just to clarify, would you still call this an internal linking issue?

For ecommerce I would imagine most sites to have mostly back links to their top level domain and not to individual products or pages. So the internal page PR would be mostly dependent on internal linking and domain equity. Am I right? Or am I missing something? (I'm a bit new to this stuff.)

I run my own ecommerce site and am interested in in SEO, but don't think it is practical to build tons of deep links. So I rely on internal linking (not very well optimized now, but I'm learning). Is this a realistic understanding of my own SEO?
    - Ben

5. fattaah

fattaah New Member

seo
    i think you should do link building of your internal pages to increase pr.

6. satyedra pal

satyedra pal New Member

If your internal page has less backlink compare to your home page then internal page will have less PR compare to home page.Mostly websites have more page-rank of home page because keyword of website will target home page of that site.