Facebook page for websites

Discussion in 'Social Media Marketing' started by jadsn, May 5, 2009.

1. jadsn

jadsn New Member

I just found Wiki Page on Facebook and the idea struck that would it be wise to have a facebook page for the websites for some promotion and marketing and what is the number of Fans after which it can drive some traffic to my site.

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Unless your facebook page can promote on its own it would be not a good ROI

3. ozsubasi

ozsubasi New Member

Real Estate
    Home Page:
    http://www.turkeypropertyaltinkum.co.uk
    Is it? Does it? I have a Facebook page but I must admit I don't really know how to use it because I have never really embraced the whole Facebook thing. Foe example, how does anyone find your page?

4. shabbir

This is what social media marketing experts fail to answer. I have seen people promote Facebook pages so much on their own site that they tend to forget that the aim of that social page which is to drive traffic to site and not the other way round i.e. drive traffic from your site to that page.

You will never see social media pages of any of my site at very prominent positions on any of my site or blog because I want people to coming to my site from those pages and not want people on my pages to bounce of to those pages.

In fact I never had Facebook like box here at go4expert and had some contests to make the page popular and then drive traffic from those pages to my site. It is only now you see those links at the top because it is somewhat popular and having slight bit of activity.

So now coming back to your question about how people would find your page and it is done from your site and site only. More often it is a matter of social proof. Site with 10k likes is better than site with 1k likes or site with 100k twitter follower is more of an authority than site with 1k followers.

ozsubasi likes this.
  5. ozsubasi

ozsubasi New Member

Real Estate
    Home Page:
    Thanks, that has explained what I couldn't understand. I couldn't see any point in linking to my facebook page from my site for the same reasons that you give, i.e. I would want traffic to come from facebook, not go to it.
    I installed some boxes from "addthis" to my site but took them off because I couldn't see them doing anything. Then I put them back because I thought I may as well have them as not.
    So what you are saying is thatall I can really hope for is that people will click on those boxes to show they "like" my site. It all seems a bit silly to me:)

6. shabbir

No people do share things with others and you can use that power to get other peoples to your site but that should not be the first option on your site but option where either user has read your content or is more likely to make those suggestions to others.

riyaz123 likes this.
  7. jhonden

jhonden New Member

What i believe is SMO is for lead generation and public relation. Good network, List-posting gives a traffic to the site but it cannot be considered as the only remedy.

8. yoursocialfans

yoursocialfans New Member

Home Page:
    http://www.yoursocialfans.com
    I think Facebook pages are the important Social Media Marketing websites for promoting your websites.you remember some points when you are start to create your Facebook profile page about your business.
    1.create the appropriate profile page for your business.
    2.Make unique content with targeted keywords.
    3.Profile Image should be attractive.

9. ozsubasi

ozsubasi New Member

Real Estate
    Home Page:
    Surely it must depend on what a site is for as to what kind of success could be found by having a Facebook page? For example, if someone wanted to book a holiday, or buy a house or a car, would they really search Facebook? Or if a business was looking for SEO services, would they turn to Facebook?

10. MichaelMoody

MichaelMoody New Member

Its a good idea to have Facebook page in your website. Linking the page of facebook to your business increase the traffic to your website. You have to create a fan page to do the advertisement of your website and business. You get 50% percent of traffic after creating your fan page in Facebook and also raise the traffic to your website.

11. riyaz123

riyaz123 Banned

Now a days combination of social media and an seo bot work better of website promotion and if you use both in combination then it would also help you to get your website in SERP.
    Facebook page will help you to generate lots of traffic or website if you use it in a proper way.

12. AmanBansal

AmanBansal New Member

Thanks i agree but how to reach out fans for your SEO related Facebook page because lot of people interested to like pages such as Fun,Music,Jokes etc then how you can drive traffic for your website fan page ..?

13. prabhunexevo

prabhunexevo New Member

wiki page will gets more traffic not the Facebook page

14. prabhunexevo

prabhunexevo New Member

can have a Facebook page for website or vice-versa...but want to consider how well maintaining both to stay in competion