error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol

Discussion in 'C' started by Placebo, Apr 29, 2010.

1. Placebo

Placebo New Member

hi

i just installed the visual studio 2010

when i run my project (that fully compiled with vs 2008 without any error ) i get following :
    Code:
    1>------ Build started: Project: Graphics, Configuration: Debug Win32  ------
    1>  SDL_draw.lib : MSIL .netmodule or module compiled with /GL found;  restarting link with /LTCG; add /LTCG to the link command line to  improve linker performance
    1>LINK : warning LNK4075: ignoring '/INCREMENTAL' due to '/LTCG'  specification
    1>     Creating library C:\Users\Sina  Miandashti\Desktop\Graphics\Debug\Graphics.lib and object C:\Users\Sina  Miandashti\Desktop\Graphics\Debug\Graphics.exp
    1>LINK : warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'MSVCRTD' conflicts with use of  other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
    1>graphics.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol  "__declspec(dllimport) protected: char const * __thiscall  std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class  std::allocator<char> >::_Myptr(void)const "  (__imp_?_Myptr@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@IBEPBDXZ)
    1>graphics.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol  "__declspec(dllimport) public: class std::basic_string<char,struct  std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >  __thiscall std::basic_ostringstream<char,struct  std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char>  >::str(void)const "  (__imp_?str@?$basic_ostringstream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QBE?AV?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@2@XZ)
    1>graphics.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol  "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall  std::basic_ostringstream<char,struct  std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char>  >::basic_ostringstream<char,struct  std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >(int)"   (__imp_??0?$basic_ostringstream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@H@Z)
    1>graphics.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol  "__declspec(dllimport) public: char const * __thiscall  std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class  std::allocator<char> >::c_str(void)const "  (__imp_?c_str@?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QBEPBDXZ)
    1>graphics.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol  "__declspec(dllimport) public: __thiscall  std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class  std::allocator<char> >::~basic_string<char,struct  std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char>  >(void)"  (__imp_??1?$basic_string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAE@XZ)
    1>graphics.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol  "__declspec(dllimport) public: void __thiscall  std::basic_ostringstream<char,struct  std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char>  >::`vbase destructor'(void)"  (__imp_??_D?$basic_ostringstream@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@QAEXXZ)
    1>C:\Users\Sina Miandashti\Desktop\Graphics\Debug\Graphics.exe :  fatal error LNK1120: 6 unresolved externals
    ========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped  ==========

thanks for any helps for compiling this

2. Placebo

Placebo New Member

link for my files :
    h t t p ://musicbase.ir/Graphics.rar

3. Placebo

Placebo New Member

or

h t t p ://x7.to/vz873y

4. Poonamol

Poonamol New Member

Please check the settings of project.
    Linked dlls are missing here.

5. Placebo

Placebo New Member

how?

can u plz do that for me ?

i uploaded the folder of the project

6. Poonamol

Poonamol New Member

You are saying that its compiling fine in VS 2008...right?

So Open it in VS 2008 and check the settings from project menu.
    Go to Project->Settings and check all tags into that with respective file availability in the path.
    They should be same for other editor also.
    Some dependent header files / dlls/ lib files are missing from the folder which is reauired to create an object file. Hence the errors.

7. Placebo

Placebo New Member

the setting in 2010 is exactly is the same in 2008 of the project

but in 2010 i get that error

im a php developer and not professional on workin with .NET stuff