1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error C2022: too big for character

Discussion in 'C++' started by kruitzpola, Sep 9, 2010.

1. kruitzpola

kruitzpola New Member

Hi

Below is the code:

Code:

CLnkString LetterFileURL;

LetterFileURL = "c:\DOCUME~1\AMALKU~1.YAD\LOCALS~1\Temp\65247036.doc" ;

lnkResult = m_LetterBrowser.NavigateToURL( LetterFileURL );
    * Here CLnkString is a class which behaves like strings.
    * The NavigateToURL() function inturn calls the Navigate() function which launches the URL mentioned in the "LetterFileURL" string.

However, i get this error:
    Code:
    Compiling...
    LnkLettersEditLetter.cpp
    C:\Projects\Sovera\PFS\WL347\LinkLetters\LnkLettersEditLetter.cpp(633) : warning C4129: 'D' : unrecognized character escape sequence
    C:\Projects\Sovera\PFS\WL347\LinkLetters\LnkLettersEditLetter.cpp(633) : warning C4129: 'A' : unrecognized character escape sequence
    C:\Projects\Sovera\PFS\WL347\LinkLetters\LnkLettersEditLetter.cpp(633) : warning C4129: 'L' : unrecognized character escape sequence
    C:\Projects\Sovera\PFS\WL347\LinkLetters\LnkLettersEditLetter.cpp(633) : warning C4129: 'T' : unrecognized character escape sequence
    C:\Projects\Sovera\PFS\WL347\LinkLetters\LnkLettersEditLetter.cpp(633) : error C2022: '426' : too big for character
    Error executing cl.exe.
    I tried looking up on the net, and tried:
    wchar_t LetterFileURL[255];

which gave me :
    Code:
    C:\Projects\Sovera\PFS\WL347\LinkLetters\LnkLettersEditLetter.cpp(629) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from 'char [45]' to 'unsigned short []'

I kind of have an idea now as to why this is happening and have read suggestions of people saying 'try breaking' the string. How do i do it ???

Help plz.