Anyone knows a good disaster recovery tool????

donald8756's Avatar, Join Date: May 2008
Newbie Member
Hi people, I have a computer that was working very well, but lately when I was working on a important project, there was a power fluctuation for a couple of times (I thought that was normal) but after the last power fluctuation my computer refused to boot up. There seems to be a failure of some kind…..but I need to get the projects back that are still in that disk.

I would be thankful if you could suggest any good tools to get the files and documents back.
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
You will see lots of self promotion tips in the reply but let me say that WinRecovery is one of the better tools I have seen
SpOonWiZaRd's Avatar, Join Date: May 2007
Know what you can do.
also ontrack easy recovery, you can recover data from a formatted HDD. But why dont you get a secon HDD and put windows on that and then use the other one only for backups?
neo_vi's Avatar, Join Date: Feb 2008
Invasive contributor
active @ partition recovery.
Go4Expert Member
umm just take the hard drive out and slave it to another machine. u should b able to recover all ur files
Newbie Member
I think Stellar Phoenix Partition Recovery Software is the best and efficient which can recover your data from the dead hard disk.Give a try
!Newbie!'s Avatar, Join Date: Apr 2009
Ambitious contributor
Connecting it as a slave is the best option, i agree with germanboy104