Difference between ASP and ASP.NET
- ASP.Net web forms have a code behind file which contains all event handling code.
- ASP.Net web forms inherit the class written in code behind.
- ASP.Net web forms use full fledged programming language
- ASP.Net web applications are configurable (web.config)
- ASP.Net webforms can use custom controls through the @ register directive
- ASP.Net web forms have ADO.Net which supports XML integration and integration of data from two or more data sources
- ASP does not have such facility to separate programming logic from design.
- ASP does not have the concept of inheritance.
- ASP pages use scripting language.
- ASP applications are not.
- It is not available with ASP.
- while ASP has ADO which is a simple COM object with limited facilities.
For other help about asp and asp.net