default template

Discussion in 'Windows' started by stalepretzel, Jan 27, 2007.

1. stalepretzel

stalepretzel New Member

Student
    Hi, I have started to learn assembly for TI 83 calculators and this requires a new file type (I am on Windows XP Home Edition). Opened My Computer, and under the tools menu I clicked Folder Options. On the rightmost tab, i clicked New and created a .z80 file type and gave it an icon. So far So Good.
    When programming in Assembly, there is a certain header and a certain footer which always appear. I want to know if it is possible to set an attribute to the z80 file type (which opens with notepad) to have a certain text file in it upon creation. example: right click on desktop, create new txt file, name it file.z80, open it up and it already has text in it. Does anyone know if this is possible?
    Thanks,
    STPRETZ

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

I am not sure if I am getting it right but when you do the new to some rtf or word files and see opening in notepad you have some chars in the file and so its very much possible I must say.