Database Driven Login and Registration Page For Web Sites

Discussion in 'Programming' started by Lorelle1, Dec 30, 2008.

1. Lorelle1

Lorelle1 New Member

Hi To All,

I am very, very new to building web sites. My question is, I have been searching for about One (1) Month now for some sort of source code that can be used for my web site that Allows Visitors to Log In And Or Register Before they can actually get into/view an entire web site and have had no success thus far in doing so.

Could someone please provide some sort of clue or code or direction as to where I can find a solution to this problem? It is driving me bananas.

I'm using Front page to build the site and it is being hosted at Godaddy.com on a windows server.

Thanks to all in advance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lorelle

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

You need to use some server side programming language like PHP / ASP / JSP to do it.

3. Lorelle1

Lorelle1 New Member

Is there some tutorial someplace on how I can accomplish this with ASP?

4. shabbir

5. Lorelle1

Lorelle1 New Member

Thanks Shabbir,

What about a tutorial for the Registration part? For example, when someone visits the site for the first time, on the LogIn page I would like for there to be a link that allows them to Register. Thanks in advance for ALL assistance that you've provided...

6. shabbir

Register is simple.

When user fills the data and submits all you have to do is insert the data into the database.

Of course as you do tests you would need t put in lots of validation but thats when you have the basic of it going right.

7. Lorelle1

Lorelle1 New Member

Shabbir,

I went to the tutorial (Check out Simple Login in ASP using MS Access database) that you have provided when I copied and pasted the asp code for verify.asp the page came up blank when I clicked on preview. What could be the reason for this?

The code for the Login.asp worked fine in preview pane but not this one (verify.asp). Please provide some input.

8. shabbir

verify is for verifying the user and then redirecting it. Just don't blindly copy and see but understand the condition when it would show something and when not as that would help as its just dummy page for verification