How to create in java ?

Discussion in 'Java' started by mohamedanvar, Feb 17, 2005.

1. mohamedanvar

mohamedanvar New Member

Hai
    I am developing a java application. For which i want to give it as 30 day's Trial pack. Give me some ideas for implementing 30 day's Trial Offer.
    After 30 days the application should be expired. I want to implement the application in both ( Windows and Mac OS ) Platform.
    Give me suggestion compiling to both platform.

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

First of all Welcome to Experts Advice Forums.

You can use Registry to store the Date of installation in an Encrypted format and retrieve that date when the program loads and decrypt the Date and get what is the time of the system so that you know how many days have passed. Also check that current Date is not anything less than setup date and also its not more than certain range.

You can also protect the date in a form like when OS starts your application start you can wipe out the registry and when that application ends you can write that back so that no one can find that and temper it.

I am not sure what can be done on MAC.

Thanks
    Shabbir Bhimani

Last edited: Feb 17, 2005
  3. mohamedanvar

mohamedanvar New Member

Thanks Shabbir,
    Mac OS is similar to Linux operating system. Mac does't use any registry concept,then can make my apllication portable in both windows and Mac OS.

With regards
    Anvar S

4. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

You can use a file to write the same and not use the registry. But always have 2 versions for 2 OS is better. You can use the main business logic code to transport and then use the slight mod requirements of both the OS to make seperate Setups.

Thanks
    Shabbir Bhimani