C++ Challenge- try this

Discussion in 'C++' started by longlostbro, Apr 4, 2012.

1. longlostbro

longlostbro New Member

Background

Due to a decrease in advertising profit, your favorite (and previously free) social networking site has decided to charge a monthly fee to each member. Frustrated, you set out to make your own social networking site, VisageTome.
    For now, you will need to make a class to store each person's name, favorite food, and list of friends. This class should include methods to access and modify these variables. You will also need to allow the user to modify this information.
    Requirements

Part 1 - Make People

Create a class to store the following information for each person:
    First name
    Favorite food
    List of friends
    Allow the user to add new people to the system
    Allow the user to display all data about all people in the system
    Part 2 - Make Connections

Allow the user to add and remove friendships between any two people
    Part 3 - Make Dinner

Allow the user to modify any person's favorite food
    Allow the user to select a person and display all of that person's friends who share the same favorite food
    part 4 -optional- Make Bacon (only for the especially skilled)

Report the Bacon Number of any person; this requires your program to begin with actor Kevin Bacon already in the system
    Kevin Bacon's favorite food is bacon; do not allow the user to change this
    Here, the Bacon Number should be computed via friendships:
    Kevin Bacon himself has a Bacon Number of 0
    Any friend of Kevin Bacon has a Bacon Number of 1
    In general, a person's Bacon Number is k+1, where k is the lowest non-negative Bacon Number of any of that person's friends
    If there is no possible connection between a person and Kevin Bacon, that person's Bacon Number is -1
    Requirement Notes

General

The list of friends for each person must be a vector.
    Do not allow the user to enter duplicate names into the system.
    Any user input that causes your program to break or to behave incorrectly will prevent pass-off of the assignment.
    Friendships

A new person begins with a name and a favorite food, but no friends.
    All friendships are bi-directional; do not create one-way friendships.

2. longlostbro

longlostbro New Member

FYI this is my hw sooo feel free to help me if you choose, or to not. (also admin can ban me if they want :) its worth a shot since I am behind 3 assignments and an exam and last day of class is the 11th!!... thats what happens when you get a job...)

3. xpi0t0s

xpi0t0s Mentor

Senior Support Engineer
    Thank you for fessing up that this was your homework (that would have been my first question anyway, because you aren't the first to post a homework question as a "challenge").

How far have you got and where are you stuck? I won't do this project for you (although others might) but I will help you get unstuck.

(I see the last day of class was the 11th so presumably it's no longer an issue but if you've got an extension you might still want help.)