Great Content And Ranking

arold10's Avatar, Join Date: Aug 2012
Go4Expert Member
I know that Search engine optimization takes time for genuine results to come. I also know that the type of link building campaign that you have plays a major role regarding where your site will be ranked in the search results. I tend to focus much more on off-page optimization than on-page. As for now, I have brand new site and I am planning to post lot of content to it. I normally hear people keep echoing that thing "Content is King". My question is that based on your own experience are great contents sufficient to get you good ranking?
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
Quote:
Originally Posted by arold10 View Post
I know that Search engine optimization takes time for genuine results to come. I also know that the type of link building campaign that you have plays a major role regarding where your site will be ranked in the search results. I tend to focus much more on off-page optimization than on-page. As for now, I have brand new site and I am planning to post lot of content to it. I normally hear people keep echoing that thing "Content is King". My question is that based on your own experience are great contents sufficient to get you good ranking?
Not always and depends on the competitiveness of the niche. You may need some backlinks (External or Internal)
Safari's Avatar, Join Date: Oct 2007
Ambitious contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbir View Post
Not always and depends on the competitiveness of the niche. You may need some backlinks (External or Internal)
I will disagree with you on this Shabbir. Great content can always rank well in Google and you may not need to build links to it. Natural links can rank the content well for you.
Go4Expert Founder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari View Post
I will disagree with you on this Shabbir. Great content can always rank well in Google and you may not need to build links to it. Natural links can rank the content well for you.
Not true and if your niche is tech or internet marketing, you are bound not to get too many links naturally and so you have to be doing link building.

Yes if you have a big site, you may not need to be doing external link building because your internal linking may be enough and as niche is not competitive enough, your internal links can be enough to fetch you good rankings.
Go4Expert Member
Thank you very much for your input, the site that I am currently working on is not in a competitive niche. I am doing some external link building, but I am focusing a lot more on adding lots of good content. I really hope that will help my site to get good ranking in the search results.

Quote:
Yes if you have a big site, you may not need to be doing external link building because your internal linking may be enough and as niche is not competitive enough, your internal links can be enough to fetch you good rankings.
Well, this is something that I've never really thought about. I am very glad that I made that thread because I've just learned something meaningful. I'll try to incorporate as many on-page optimization techniques related, so that I can maximize the results.
shabbir like this
Go4Expert Member
I'm planning by the begining of next year, I'll have well over 150 quality blog posts on the site that I was referring to. I don't know how that is going to playing out.
Safari's Avatar, Join Date: Oct 2007
Ambitious contributor
Quote:
I'm planning by the begining of next year, I'll have well over 150 quality blog posts on the site that I was referring to. I don't know how that is going to playing out.
Nor would anyone else know unless it actually plays out.
Go4Expert Founder
Quote:
I have never seen an approach like that works. Its never about those 150 articles only and it is more about the competitiveness of the niche as well as quality of those articles as well.

I have couple of blogs and as of today one of the blog has 420 Posts and other has 460 posts but the one that has 420 post gets more traffic than 460 posts. And if you ask me which blog has more great content, I would say the one that has 460 posts. If you ask me which one has more backlinks the answer will be same again but the one that has 460 posts is in a niche which is super competitive than 420 posts because target audience of 420 posts is much more specific to particular GEO.
faribasiddiq's Avatar, Join Date: Dec 2013
Light Poster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safari View Post
Nor would anyone else know unless it actually plays out.
So true.
Go4Expert Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbir View Post
I have never seen an approach like that works. Its never about those 150 articles only and it is more about the competitiveness of the niche as well as quality of those articles as well.
The niche is diet which is quite a competitive niche, but there is another aspect about that niche which is about calories in foods, fruits, drinks, vegetables, and so forth; which keywords have very low competition level. I am doing some link building as well, since I'm also focusing on quality I am hoping that by next year things to start moving on the right direction as far as traffic is concerned.