Hey, i'm just doing some testing on Visual Studio 2008, what i'm trying to do is to change the text colour inside the multi-textfield which isn't working and I don't know why... PLEASE DON'T GO TOO ADVANCED! I just started using VB.

Code:

Public Class Form1 
Dim ColourValue As Color 

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load 
    rbBlue.Checked = False 
    rbRed.Checked = False     rbGreen.Checked = False 
End Sub 

Private Sub rbRed_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles rbRed.CheckedChanged 
    txtSpace.BackColor = Color.Red 
End Sub 

Private Sub rbBlue_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles rbBlue.CheckedChanged 
    txtSpace.BackColor = Color.Blue 
End Sub 

Private Sub rbGreen_CheckedChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles rbGreen.CheckedChanged 
    txtSpace.BackColor = Color.Green 
End Sub 

Private Sub cbColours_SelectedValueChanged(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles cbColours.SelectedValueChanged 

ColourValue = cbColours.SelectedValue 
    txtSpace.BackColor = ColourValue 

End Sub 
End Class
Basically i have the radio buttons that would change the background colour of the textfield, but i just need the dropdown menu to change the text colour.
Many thanks

Also, I want to try something like where a person’s name, age, gender and marital status are entered then when the submit button is clicked a series of statements are displayed depending on the data entered. I really don't know much to do this so, but any kind of help are always appreciated

Last edited by shabbir; 16Mar2010 at 10:17.. Reason: Code blocks
viv345 like this