c programming

Discussion in 'C' started by debra, Mar 8, 2011.

1. debra

debra New Member

i am a new student to c programming and please help me with the basics of this language. i never did programming before

2. Ann_beginner

Ann_beginner New Member

the best way to learn any programming language is to practice. So jus go on practicing simple programs....and gradually increase the difficulty level in your programs.

3. abhas

abhas New Member

for good practise you can visit projecteuler.net.

4. DocSavage

DocSavage New Member

As much as I love programming in plain C, I would never recommend C as a first programming language, to anyone. C has some very advanced concepts that would be better learned by starting with something like one of the many dialects of BASIC.
    Learning C and C++ is an advanced programming topic.

Many, many years ago, when I first set out to learn C, (I was already an accomplished Basic and Assembly language programmer), I became so frustrated with C that I actually gave it up for ten years until I felt I was ready to attempt it again.
    Conversely, I would never discourage someone from learning any programming language, even C. I just wouldn't recommend that you learn programming by learning C.
    First, learn how to program.
    Then, when you have mastered programming concepts, then learn C.
    IMHO.