1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

C code to extract data from text file

Discussion in 'C' started by dedmoroz, Aug 10, 2007.

1. dedmoroz

dedmoroz New Member

Hello,
    I am at level 0 of knowledge about C language and I need to write some code. I am hoping that someone can at least point me into the wright direction.

I need to be able to extract some data from a text file. It is basically two columns of numbers that I need to extract and create a text file with these two columns, comma delimited. There's a bunch of other information in the text file that I don't need.

It's not something that can be easily done in excell, so I decided to see if I can make some code that will do this for me.

Maybe C is not the best language to do this with? I don't know.

I know that this is probably very easy to someone that knows how to program. I took a Java class couple of years ago, but have not written any code.

any help apreciated.

2. DaWei

DaWei New Member

Semi-retired EE
    Home Page:
    It should be relatively simple. If you want help, post some code representing your attempt. If you want it done for you, post in the Jobs forum. Either way, post a small snippet from your text file.