Different languages are simply different tools in a programmer's toolbox. Just as a mechanic has different sized spanners, so a programmer has different languages. It's like asking a mechanic who has an adjustable spanner why he needs all the other ones - to some extent he won't, but there will be situations when an adjustable spanner adjusted to 13mm won't do the same as a 13mm fixed size spanner. If the "easy languages" suit your needs, then use one of those. Probably 90% of any application could be written in Basic of some kind, with the remaining 10% written in optimised C or C++ for speed. C and C++ are both complex to learn and if you find Basic easy to use and fits (most of) your needs, then you should learn Basic.