Wow very good help indeed, better then I was hoping for. Before I continue the lessons can you tell me why it worked for them and not me? It's startng to feel like I'm end up getting alot of that from the tutorials and maybe should find something else to learn from. ($100 well spend it seems.)

Code:
#include <iostream>

int main()
{
	std::cout << "Hello World!" << std::endl;
}
after doing your "not using preomciled headers" steps, that code worked as far as Building. Build Soluttion succeeded. However, Build HelloWorld is the samething as clicking run, yes? (HelloWorld is the title of the project). For them it opens up that DOS window and says Hello World and press any key to continue. Nothing happens when I click Build HelloWorld, except some of that stuff in the output box that tells me it was succesful?

Code:
1>------ Build started: Project: HelloWorld, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Linking...
1>Embedding manifest...
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Documents and Settings\Allen\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\HelloWorld\HelloWorld\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>HelloWorld - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========
Really appreciate the help, this is the fourth time in the last 5 years I've attempted to start learning C++ and each time I pretty much ran into a wall right at the beginning and was forced to give up.

Last edited by shabbir; 18Apr2007 at 09:24.. Reason: Code formatting.