Can some one answer my Question

falcon eyes's Avatar
Go4Expert Member
Hi
I'm newbie with Visual c++ ,i had learned the essential concepts of c++ like variables,functions,pointer,class but i,m still learning VC++ and i have some questions

1-Can i creat an object or variables on the fly(at run time) if so how can i do that

2-During reading some examplesof visual c++ projects i noted a word "HANDLE"
What's meant by this word,what's the function it do and when i must use it
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon eyes
1-Can i creat an object or variables on the fly(at run time) if so how can i do that
Yes you can using pointer as in the case of C++.

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon eyes
2-During reading some examplesof visual c++ projects i noted a word "HANDLE"
What's meant by this word,what's the function it do and when i must use it
Handle can be think of as an unique identifier for any window or control on the screen you see. IE / FF you are using to see the post also has the unique handle associated with it and it changes each time you launch the application. Through handle you can get the window object and vice versa.
falcon eyes's Avatar
Go4Expert Member
can u explain more the answer of the two questions by a simple examples
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon eyes
can u explain more the answer of the two questions by a simple examples
I am not sure of that first one any sample is needed but for the second one you can just use your Visual studio to generate a dialog based application and see where you will find lots of handles and windows.