How Alexa Determines Ranking

Discussion in 'Internet Marketing' started by ritz10, Mar 19, 2009.

1. ritz10

ritz10 New Member

My new boss is little more passionate about seeing improved alexa rank of our corporate website. In my last 6 years of workex in online mktng, i never took a deep care for alexa ranking though have referred sometime just as a casual rank cheking tool to gauge the popularity of a website.

But recently when my boss wanted me to take care of the dipping alexa ranking, despite increased traffic, i spend quite a long time to find how alexa determines ranking. I have come to the conslusion that alexa is not a very reliable tool ( I welcome contradictory opinions)
    Since the importance of alexa can not be deinied for whatsoever reasons, here are a few tips i found to be helpful to improve alexa ranking (if you are really looking to improve)

Download Alexa toolbar in your system and visit your site daily.
    Cobrand your logo with alexa toolbar and give it a prominent place on your site for your visitor to see and download. This will increase alexa users.
    It is imperative here to mention alexa ranks your site only on the basis of total number of alexa users visiting your site, page views and time spent by them.

You should never use alexa redirect as recommended by some expert to improve the ranking. it doesn't works.

I invite inputs from others who have researched on alexa ranking and ways to improve alexa ranking

2. shabbir

shabbir Administrator Staff Member

Alexa calculates based on the users having Alexa visiting a site and so the best option is to get yourself Alexa.