Originally Posted by seopeter
How do you make 301 redirect from domain1 to domain2 ?
Follow these steps to implement 301 redirect
1. To create a .htaccess file, open notepad, name and save
the file as .htaccess (there is no extension).
2. If you already have a .htaccess file on your server,
download it to your desktop for editing.
3. Place this code in your .htaccess file:
redirect 301 /old/old.htm http://www.you.com/new.htm
4. If the .htaccess file already has lines of code in it,
skip a line, then add the above code.
5. Save the .htaccess file
6. Upload this file to the root folder of your server.
7. Test it by typing in the old address to the page you've
changed. You should be immediately taken to the new