View Poll Results: In general, is "cunning' word used as positive or negative sense?
Positive 0 0%
Negative 4 100.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: In general, is "cunning" word used as positive or negative sense?

Amar_Raj's Avatar, Join Date: Jun 2009
Go4Expert Member
Hi All,

Please vote whether "cunning" is positive (encouraging) or negative (discouraging) word!

Sharanu,
Amar
SaswatPadhi's Avatar, Join Date: May 2009
~ Б0ЯИ Τ0 С0δЭ ~
Oh, so there's a poll about this ! :

So.. let me see ... 2 votes for -ve :
1 is Amar_Raj,
the other one, probably *******

I won't vote, though.
Amar_Raj's Avatar, Join Date: Jun 2009
Go4Expert Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaswatPadhi View Post
Oh, so there's a poll about this ! :

So.. let me see ... 2 votes for -ve :
1 is Amar_Raj,
the other one, probably *******

I won't vote, though.

Every vote counts...!
mayjune's Avatar, Join Date: Jun 2009
Invasive contributor
difficult to say amar, its like asking is the F word used in -ve or +ve sense? the word is in itself not +ve or -ve but how and what context one says, i can use F word with friends in a +ve way and with someone else in -ve sense..
similarly with cunning, i have used it with friends in a +ve way, and said it in -ve way too...it alll implies to you...
Take another example Is fission reaction+ve or -ve? Can't say right? as it depends how you use it..for making electricity or destroying a nation...
same here...
hope it clarifies the idea...
Amar_Raj's Avatar, Join Date: Jun 2009
Go4Expert Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjune View Post
difficult to say amar, its like asking is the F word used in -ve or +ve sense? the word is in itself not +ve or -ve but how and what context one says, i can use F word with friends in a +ve way and with someone else in -ve sense..
similarly with cunning, i have used it with friends in a +ve way, and said it in -ve way too...it alll implies to you...
Take another example Is fission reaction+ve or -ve? Can't say right? as it depends how you use it..for making electricity or destroying a nation...
same here...
hope it clarifies the idea...
Thanx for the clarification... but each word will be used in one sense more often than other i.e. "In general"...I will put the question in another way... if you have used cunning 10 times... how many times would it have been in negative...
mayjune's Avatar, Join Date: Jun 2009
Invasive contributor
Quote:
I will put the question in another way... if you have used cunning 10 times... how many times would it have been in negative...
Same answer amar, its all in the context.... if a judge gives punishment to hang for ten people and a murderer kills ten people... they both killed ten people, but its there context which differentiates them..
The judge for all his ten sentences he was doing his duty, while murderer for his selfish reasons..
without the context a judge is equivalent of murderer..
I know what you saying, but think of what i am saying, and you'll realise what matters is how and why rather then what...
SaswatPadhi's Avatar, Join Date: May 2009
~ Б0ЯИ Τ0 С0δЭ ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjune View Post
without the context a judge is equivalent of murderer..
I know what you saying, but think of what i am saying, and you'll realise what matters is how and why rather then what...
Exactly ...
Amar_Raj's Avatar, Join Date: Jun 2009
Go4Expert Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjune View Post
Same answer amar, its all in the context.... if a judge gives punishment to hang for ten people and a murderer kills ten people... they both killed ten people, but its there context which differentiates them..
The judge for all his ten sentences he was doing his duty, while murderer for his selfish reasons..
without the context a judge is equivalent of murderer..
I know what you saying, but think of what i am saying, and you'll realise what matters is how and why rather then what...
There is no need to think so much for a simple question! Consider this example... If there is question " R u dead or alive?" The answer will be "Alive" but it can be made complicated by saying... "Somepart of body is dead like hair or few cells, others will be dying... etc.."! So, It all depends on the persons how they sees the question...! Isn't it..?
mayjune's Avatar, Join Date: Jun 2009
Invasive contributor
Quote:
So, It all depends on the persons how they sees the question...! Isn't it..?
you are saying what im saying....it all depends on how you "see it" ie. in the context of how you see it..
you see cunning as a -ve word, its how "you" see it...other person may not have said or seen it like that... thats my point!!
Amar_Raj's Avatar, Join Date: Jun 2009
Go4Expert Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjune View Post
you are saying what im saying....it all depends on how you "see it" ie. in the context of how you see it..
you see cunning as a -ve word, its how "you" see it...other person may not have said or seen it like that... thats my point!!
"In general" is the main point of the question... so request all the people to please vote and let us see the results...