View Poll Results: Do donate buttons offend you?
Yes 0 0%
No 8 100.00%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaswatPadhi View Post
Exactly !!
So, there is nothing to feel offended.
No but when so many people donate and someone could not they can feel bad about it.
mayjune's Avatar, Join Date: Jun 2009
Invasive contributor
i agree with shabbir,
(saying it personally) there are few sites i haveily use (for downloads and all),
but i am nt able to donate to them, first being a student, second safety reasons(online frauds), but then i never felt donate button shouldn't be there....infact i feel whenever i be in a position to donate, i'll first donate to them as these are the sites that have helped me gain knowledge.
So even if i feel bad, its somewhere for the good....
senaratne's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2008
Skilled contributor
I have already cast my vote. No. I won't be offended.
P455w0rd_Cr4kz's Avatar, Join Date: Jan 2007
Ambitious contributor
Ohh what the heck...why the controversy....i'll make a donate button,you all can donate towards my new corvette....lol
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
Quote:
Originally Posted by P455w0rd_Cr4kz View Post
Ohh what the heck...why the controversy....i'll make a donate button,you all can donate towards my new corvette....lol
l0l
xpi0t0s's Avatar, Join Date: Aug 2004
Mentor
I'm not offended by donate buttons, I just ignore them.
I run Firefox through Privoxy so this takes care of adverts, so I don't need to pay to get rid of adverts.
Banned
what is that ? donate buttons ?
mayjune's Avatar, Join Date: Jun 2009
Invasive contributor
donate buttons are request buttons from the site to donate some amount (minimum 1$ to whatever you can donate) through paypal or credit card, some sites give you extra features when you donate like extra speed, some don't. Some force you to donate by having a popup whenever they are running low of cash some keep it low....
Simply put an alternative way of getting fund from members for using the site...
senaratne's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2008
Skilled contributor
OK, mayjune, got the message and you're right.