View Poll Results: "Rearrange the jumbled word" : is it the right challenge ?
Yes 3 50.00%
No 3 50.00%
Who really cares !! 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll
SaswatPadhi's Avatar, Join Date: May 2009
~ Б0ЯИ Τ0 С0δЭ ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by shabbir View Post
a hint to answer
In most cases we can find the answer from the hint, through google/wikipedia.
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaswatPadhi View Post
In most cases we can find the answer from the hint, through google/wikipedia.
Not always because I have been going through some crosswords where we get sentence to get words and its not always true but I am also looking at your solution as well
Mridula's Avatar, Join Date: Mar 2008
Pro contributor
It is ok. It is just fun and timing is also very fine. So, that everyone gets a chance to participate.

I think, instead of always going for Jumbled word, it can be a mixed kind, sometimes some phrase or proverbs etc can be questioned.

Let people take help of google or whatever, it is all fine. But tming should not be always same. Anytime it shuld be, so, who gets online and solves it should be right one to grab the prize.

As Shabbir says, already code-comptetion is there, intersted can partcipate in that too.

thanks
Mridula.
~ Б0ЯИ Τ0 С0δЭ ~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mridula View Post
Anytime it shuld be, so, who gets online and solves it should be right one to grab the prize.
Yeah shabbir already convinced me about that.
Keeping a fixed time would result in someone being ALWAYS at advantage, and some others being ALWAYS at disadvantage.

Quote:
As Shabbir says, already code-comptetion is there, intersted can partcipate in that too.
Participate : ?!
It's a real dead forum. No questions are posted there, how do you expect me to participate then ?

BTW, you contradict yourself :
(1) You voted that "YES, jumbled word is the right challenge"
(2) Your last reply reads : "instead of always going for Jumbled word, it can be a mixed kind, sometimes some phrase or proverbs etc can be questioned."

Last edited by SaswatPadhi; 15May2009 at 10:45..
Pro contributor
I voted as "Yes" to support this competion and suggested to keep the same with some mixed kind.

I didnot want to Vote "No" to this and make it replaced by something else like code competion etc.

Hope I am not confusing you
~ Б0ЯИ Τ0 С0δЭ ~
No, it's clear to me now.

BTW, did you see yesterday's question ? It was a phrase and not a word.
But the question read "Today's word", so I was really confused.
Pro contributor
BTW, even I wanted to ask that question to Shabbir about Code Competition? As you said, it is dead : )

Shabbir can reply this.

many thanks
mridula
Pro contributor
Yes. I also tried for a long time and wasted lot of time in it. I was really going maaaaad
And I request them to question correctlly.

many thanks
mridula
~ Б0ЯИ Τ0 С0δЭ ~
Yeah it was difficult, I was about to give up.. But then I thought I should post how much I had progressed.
shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
Quote:
BTW, even I wanted to ask that question to Shabbir about Code Competition? As you said, it is dead : )

Shabbir can reply this.

many thanks
mridula
The reason you feel dead is because G4EF is not adding competition to it but it should be by users when they face some tough and difficult problems which at times get posted in forums only and we would make that move in the next shuffle that we may do.