neo_vi's Avatar, Join Date: Feb 2008
Invasive contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXxxImmortalxxXX
well there are some oses u can download from the internet such as Linux for example


my favorite ( Backtrack) which you can download at remote-exploit forums or something like tat
Backtrack is a very good linux distro. I downloaded it mate. But i can't utilise all the tools cos, i don't know how to use it. Do u have any tutorials regarding that.
Bhullarz's Avatar
Skilled contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_vi
If some one has packed a trojan with an ftp client, the setup file or the ftp client's executable file will be detected in the antivirus. So u don't need to worry about that.

If anti-viruses are as good as you are saying then you should read the news.
A trojan lasted for 3 years, infected the PCs, collected the details of 500,000 Financial Accounts. Google about "SINOWAL Trojan".
Viruses/trojans are created more rapidly than it is detected by any GOOOD Anti-Virus Program.
Bhullarz's Avatar
Skilled contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXxxImmortalxxXX
well there are some oses u can download from the internet such as Linux for example


my favorite ( Backtrack) which you can download at remote-exploit forums or something like tat
Backtrack is for those who love to test the limits of security. Its a damn packed with lots of tools Linux DISTRO.
NDL's Avatar, Join Date: Oct 2008
NDL
Contributor
wht about ksapersky?is it bad too ?
neo_vi's Avatar, Join Date: Feb 2008
Invasive contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhullarz View Post
If anti-viruses are as good as you are saying then you should read the news.
A trojan lasted for 3 years, infected the PCs, collected the details of 500,000 Financial Accounts. Google about "SINOWAL Trojan".
Viruses/trojans are created more rapidly than it is detected by any GOOOD Anti-Virus Program.
"And the fact that the Trojan was managed by one group through its history and maintained for nearly three years is also very unusual" Its not my words. See this link
http://www.circleid.com/posts/200810...eware_created/
So sometimes it rarely happens. But if u know the normal operation of a computer u'll definitely come to know the trojan combined operation (most of the time). Now a days anti vruses have become so powerful , with advanced heuristics it can trace any trojan. So no need to worry about a system unless it is a webserver or something that contains valuable informations.
neo_vi's Avatar, Join Date: Feb 2008
Invasive contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
wht about ksapersky?is it bad too ?
not bad. Its better than other AV's. but in some systems it produces BSOD. (in my system). so they have to fix some compatibility issues.
NDL's Avatar, Join Date: Oct 2008
NDL
Contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_vi View Post
not bad. Its better than other AV's. but in some systems it produces BSOD. (in my system). so they have to fix some compatibility issues.
what the best AV U SUGGEST ?
neo_vi's Avatar, Join Date: Feb 2008
Invasive contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by NDL View Post
what the best AV U SUGGEST ?
Kaspersky (if ur system doesn't get BSOD)
Avira anti vir premium
NDL's Avatar, Join Date: Oct 2008
NDL
Contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_vi View Post
Kaspersky (if ur system doesn't get BSOD)
Avira anti vir premium
oki il see about Avira anti vir premium
neo_vi's Avatar, Join Date: Feb 2008
Invasive contributor
k. Also take a look at the new "Kaspersky anti hacker". I haven't used that. So I'm not sure how good it is.