0
Bhullarz's Avatar
Skilled contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_vi
This can't happen when u re smart than the virus program. I've all the keygens and cracks but i'll archive it and protect it with a password. there are many other techniques too..
Archiving the keygens is different thing and using them is another aspect. If you have to use a keygen, you must have to extract, means it will come out of archive, will enter into system's memory, where it can go with its ill-works.

I tell you the best way to test various softwares or testing various untrusted softwares (keygens use or patched ) on your machine. Just use VIRTUALBOX (by SUN Microsystems). Try all untrusted softwares firstly in Virtual Windows, if everything seems fine, then try it in your real time operating system.

Virtual Box allows you to run another operating system like Windows XP,Windows Vista, Linux, Apple's OS, Sun's OS with in your windows like any other application software.
dahalpancaj like this
0
neo_vi's Avatar, Join Date: Feb 2008
Invasive contributor
If u re beginner u should be worried about the trojan getting into systems memory and all sorts of stuff. If u know how to handle it, then u re the master and it's a slave. It doesn't goes to system's memory as quickly as u said. So, no need of virtual box. just use ur mind box (Presence of mind is enough)..
0
Bhullarz's Avatar
Skilled contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_vi
If u re beginner u should be worried about the trojan getting into systems memory and all sorts of stuff. If u know how to handle it, then u re the master and it's a slave. It doesn't goes to system's memory as quickly as u said. So, no need of virtual box. just use ur mind box (Presence of mind is enough)..
Bro ! Why don't you share working knowledge here regarding using these trojans ? It would be good for all.
0
neo_vi's Avatar, Join Date: Feb 2008
Invasive contributor
handling it doesn't mean a very great thing. U can actually monitor ur system using a firewall. If the trojan starts to connect to any other remote computer or so, it'll definitely open a port. That will be indicated by the firewall, then u can arrest that. simple
0
pradeep's Avatar, Join Date: Apr 2005
Team Leader
Bhullarz is very right, have a good anti-virus software and never download OSes from the internet!
0
Bhullarz's Avatar
Skilled contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_vi
handling it doesn't mean a very great thing. U can actually monitor ur system using a firewall. If the trojan starts to connect to any other remote computer or so, it'll definitely open a port. That will be indicated by the firewall, then u can arrest that. simple
Yes, Firewall can help you.but........
Bro, If you have studied the behavior of TROJANS, there are many of them which are coded to bypass your FIREWALL settings. If you are programmer and has done some network programming, you must be aware that how difficult is it to bypass Windows Xp's firewall and if you are hacker, you will be knowing there are many way to bypass even 3rd party firewalls too.
So, firewall won't help you always. You need to be aware what is happening to your system.
0
neo_vi's Avatar, Join Date: Feb 2008
Invasive contributor
I too studied about the behavior of trojans and all. But i think u re not so familiar with that. Whenever a file needs to access internet, A good AV like kasersky will ask the user that " this process tries to connect with the internet and asks for the option "Allow or Block". So u can very well decide whether to allow it or not. Jus download any trojans and check that with a good antivirus with up to date database.
0
XXxxImmortalxxXX's Avatar
Invasive contributor
well there are some oses u can download from the internet such as Linux for example


my favorite ( Backtrack) which you can download at remote-exploit forums or something like tat
0
Bhullarz's Avatar
Skilled contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo_vi
I too studied about the behavior of trojans and all. But i think u re not so familiar with that. Whenever a file needs to access internet, A good AV like kasersky will ask the user that " this process tries to connect with the internet and asks for the option "Allow or Block". So u can very well decide whether to allow it or not. Jus download any trojans and check that with a good antivirus with up to date database.
Think of a program which connects to internet For example FTP Client, which needs access to internet to make uploads/downloads but someone has attached TROJAN with it, which uses FTP Client's processes to communicate with some server. What you gonna do now? Kaspersky will show that FTP Client processes are trying to access internet, Won't you allow those processes if you want to upload you website? If you block any process to access internet, your software will not work, or if you allow it will activate the trojan.
Trojan is still undetected by your antivirus program.
Kindly solve this problem, neo_vi.
0
neo_vi's Avatar, Join Date: Feb 2008
Invasive contributor
If some one has packed a trojan with an ftp client, the setup file or the ftp client's executable file will be detected in the antivirus. So u don't need to worry about that.