shabbir's Avatar, Join Date: Jul 2004
Go4Expert Founder
Nominate this article for Article of the month for February 2009
indiansword's Avatar, Join Date: Oct 2008
Security Expert
the only mistake i did while writing this article was
i forgot to add
"for educational purposes" , so pardon me for that,

---------------------
@ shabbir,
i like the footer of the site :P
CircuitX's Avatar
Go4Expert Member
This is wrong in my opinion...

And its theft...

Its not your PID...
indiansword's Avatar, Join Date: Oct 2008
Security Expert
Quote:
Originally Posted by CircuitX View Post
This is wrong in my opinion...

And its theft...

Its not your PID...
show me the way to get microsoft things for free then :P
xpi0t0s's Avatar, Join Date: Aug 2004
Mentor
Why do you think you should be entitled to get Microsoft things for free?
If they're that great why not be honest like the rest of us and pay for them?
indiansword's Avatar, Join Date: Oct 2008
Security Expert
arent we going on wrong paths buddies?

it was just a tut. and we started discussing ethical and unethical thing

so forget that, it was just a tut. u may use it if u want
indiansword's Avatar, Join Date: Oct 2008
Security Expert
ROFL! They speakers i ordered to test this trick, i received it yesterday.
mayjune's Avatar, Join Date: Jun 2009
Invasive contributor
no doubt the idea is really great, the context isn't right i must agree.
but what is to learn is how to see loopholes when others see none, well thats what hacking is, be it ethical or not. To see it from a totally different point of view....

Tell me indiansword, how did it occur to you? you thought of it or you got to know about this exploit?

ps - that "white hat player" tag doesn't really go with this post you know, as a white hat, you would have reported it to microsoft, its more of a grey hat i think
indiansword's Avatar, Join Date: Oct 2008
Security Expert
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjune View Post
no doubt the idea is really great, the context isn't right i must agree.
but what is to learn is how to see loopholes when others see none, well thats what hacking is, be it ethical or not. To see it from a totally different point of view....

Tell me indiansword, how did it occur to you? you thought of it or you got to know about this exploit?

ps - that "white hat player" tag doesn't really go with this post you know, as a white hat, you would have reported it to microsoft, its more of a grey hat i think
I myself am a manager for the call center of HP technical support, providing tech support to north american customers. So i know few loop holes in call center programs.

As u said i should have reported this to microsoft, but to be honest with you mate, I can guarantee they wouldn't fix this issue unless someone really makes a big scam out of it.
mayjune's Avatar, Join Date: Jun 2009
Invasive contributor
Quote:
As u said i should have reported this to microsoft, but to be honest with you mate, I can guarantee they wouldn't fix this issue unless someone really makes a big scam out of it.
looks like you are gonna pull the scam to get there attention and get away with it huh? lol

personally speaking, wether they fix it or not, let them decide, as a white hacker, you should report. Let them make the mistake not you...

Last edited by mayjune; 8Jul2009 at 04:02..